Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The breakup...

Well, I had been seeing a nurse since October (as I've talked about before). That officially ended yesterday. So what happened? Not sure, but it was me... I kind of started pushing away from her. Why? I guess I can't say 100% sure, but it just wasn't working for me. I didn't quite feel connected to her. Perhaps it was the wrong time for me to be in a relationship. Perhaps there was just no chemistry. I don't know.

Honestly, over all I feel relived. To be perfectly honest, this one kind of needed to end soon, before Elizabeth and I ended up on bad terms (yes, I manage yet another breakup on decent terms). So we're going to be friends now rather than lovers, which is great, takes a lot of pressure off in terms of having to keep up with the expectations of a relationship.

Right now I"I'm taking a few days for my self. Just to chill a bit and such before I consider getting back in to the dating scene.

So what's next? Who knows... For sure there's a part of me that wants to find someone and settle down (there was even a part of me that wanted to go ahead and do that with Elizabeth even though things weren't working). But I can't do that. I've never been one to settle for anything less than what I want (call me selfish). So who knows right now. Frustratingly enough, I suppose I must grudgingly admit that in life, there are some things that really do just take time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Whitey said...

Just get a mailorder bride and be done with the mess. One that can cook!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Nah... I hear they usually stick around only long enough to get their green cards... Not quite what I'm looking for, but good thought ;)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home