Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Urge....

Well, I've gotten addicted to Microsoft & MTV's Urge network... It all started with the iPod (believe it or not) that I got as my Christmas bonus from my company. For a while I just filled it up with the music collection I already had... Only problem is that, even with all the stuff my sister downloaded and I copied last time I was in Grosse Pointe, I was getting sick of hearing the same stuff over again..

Enter iTunes... It took about 3 days of screwing around on there to realize it sucks... I presume the experience is better on an Mac where Apple controls everything, but I have a PC. On the PC, iTunes is extremely slow, and on vista burning to CD doesn't seem to work (at least it doesn't with my Sony DVD+-r/CD+-R drive & Dynex CD+-R).

So I checked out Microsoft's urge thing that goes along with Zune... Holy crap, what a difference. First of all, its *FAST*!!! Searching is much easier, it works a lot like windows search, just start typing and it starts finding. Then I found out for only $10/month I can download all the music I want at no extra cost... The down side to the subscription thing is no burning, and you can't listen to music you downloaded after you cancel. However if you really like the music you can buy it by the song or album, then you get to keep it for ever and burn to CD so you can rip it in iTunes and put it in to your iPod...

I think I'm going to buy a MS Zune as my next Mp3 player, get rid of iTunes all together. I do like the iPod hardware, but iTunes needs serious help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home