Monday, September 05, 2005

The chamber of secretes & Vonage

A little while ago, Becci and I started reading Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secretes. I'm liking this one about as much as I liked the first one. Somehow it seems like the action started up much more quickly in this book than the last, or maybe I'm just way more into it. Anway, we just got through Chapter 11. At this point I'm gussing that either harry is the slithern air and doesn't know it and accidently opened the chamber, or Lockheart had something to do with it. Lockheart I would doubt though, the guy is a fake and generally a moron. I also kind of doubt the harry theory, simply because he's the good guy... And obvoiusly the good guy can't be the slithern air :P I guess I'll find out.

Vonage:
My decided to switch our phone service over to Vonage a little while ago. We just got the hardware this weekend. I'm really impressed by how simple the system is my self. Turns out all we have to do is unhook from the main telephone network at our TNI box, and plug our VoIP router into any phone jack. Vuala, we have VoIP phone service going though our whole house at half the price of regular phone service. The best part is included with that is free domestic LD (includes full US, Canada and Puerto Rico), which is great! Of course the down side is the loss of phone service if the power goes down. I guess we could always get a UPS, that would give us a good ½ hour of phone service after the power goes down, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Also, while I did not get to test the service, considering I was downloading files at over 700K/s I expect voice quality to be superior to our standard land line. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home