Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wow, consumer electronics...

So my bluray player officially broke today, and will be out for up to 1 month with best buy's product service play (yay :P). Which made me think, am I the only one that has noticed how these things didn't break this often way back in the day? I mean our very first VCR ever in my family lasted from about when we first moved to the states (1980) till my freshman year of college (1997). Also, when I was younger we got a nintendo which ran great with out any issues for a long time (eventually the contacts corroded inside, but that took years).

Since I've started on my consumer electronics buying splurge this year, I've gotten a Wii that needed to be fixed, an x-box that needed to be fixed twice and now a bum bluray player. Out of everything I have, the only things that work absolutely flawlessly are the JVC receiver, Toshiba HD DVD player (RIP HD DVD :( ) and Toshiba HDTV. Only 50% of your home theater working well seems rather crappy to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home