Friday, May 26, 2006

Denied....

Well, this was going to be it... This was going to be the first time I went to go visit kathy in Boone. Head up friday night, chill for the weekend, then come down sometime sunday. So what happens? My co-worker goes into labor thursday then has the audacity to not come in to work saturday to do an upgrade on a clients server. sheesh, what is the world coming to?

Seriously, many congrats to Mahee, her husband and new boy or girl (we still have not heard back from them). With any luck it was a boy and they named it Thor like Jon (one of my bosses) wanted.

On the bright side, my being denied the chance to go see kathy gave me the chance to go to Wallyworld and pick up a few things yet still lacking from my appartment. First thing, dining room table. For only $99.97 I got a 5 peice dining room set. The table it's self I would get is in the neighborhood of 4'x3' or something like that (perhaps slightly bigger). Not terribly huge, but more than enough for my self, the roomy and a couple of guests. The big bonous is no longer hitting our heads on the chandalier!

Other misc things picked up:
Charcol grill
Charcol (no lighter fluid, I have a nifty starter system that doesn't require any).
6 black angus hamburger patty's
misc stuff to go on burgers
and some wine.

I also decided to treat my self to a 300GB Segate hard drive from newegg. It was only $100 bucks, including a rush on the order. I've had bad luck with Segate in the past, but I hear they've gotten better. Currently my system sports a 120GB Segate and it seems fine so far. So knock on wood, everything will be ok with it.

13 Comments:

Blogger Whitey said...

Oh come on, we have pictures of the kitchen table but not the hard drive... I'm so dissapointed!!!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Hey, I fought with that table for 3 hours on thursday night to get it up there. That's my victory :)

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you got chairs too....I see you took pictures of the table at every angle....now you need a center piece...and maybe a couch....

10:21 AM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Whoa there, slow down there... You can't get all crazy like that all at once ;)

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah your right....I guess you can always sit on your hard drive....

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the table! Congrats on all of your purchases.
By the way, I gave Giuseppe your blog address so he can check it out. He sent me some pictures of Jacopo. Do you want me to send them to you?

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Tell Kathy that the Natives (like she knows them!) are playing in Boone on June 5. It's at a place called Murphy's.
And then they're playing in Raleigh on June 6 at The Pour House -- it's free! The place looked pretty cool (I went to their website). Anyway, hopefully you can check them out. The Pour House website says the show starts at 8pm.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Sure thing, I'll pass on the word.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Well glitter mom, I haven't posted it yet... But I'm temporarly holding on to a very nice recliner for the GF's parents right now :)

So who needs a couch anyway?

;)

8:47 PM  
Blogger GLITTERGIRL said...

LMAO! my mom told you to sit on your hard drive! hahahahaha!

dude, my mom just PWNED you! LOL!!!

(glad everything is working out for you in NC)

:o)

4:48 AM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Yeah, I'll sit on my recliner :)

Finally have the hard drive installed though, grrr that was annoying.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you don't have to put the recliner together....

1:09 PM  
Blogger Carlo said...

No, the recliner came put together. I would imagine they bought it and had it shipped put together. It was moved to my APPT in a uhal they had rented. Now.... How it's going to get *back* to their home when they're ready for it. That is going to be a more interesting one :)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home