Thursday, August 16, 2007

Earth quake in Lima....

Well, it seems that last night there was a 7.8 on the Richter scale earth quake last night in my "home town" of Lima Peru. As of yet, I have not officially heard whether my family there is ok or not, according to CNN as of 11PM last night only 17 fatalities have been reported, which is a blessing considering the size of the city and strength of the quake. Fortunately, much like LA buildings there are designed for these things. So I'm fairly hopeful that all will be well. Unfortunately there will be no way for me to know until power + phone is restored there.

Edit: I just heard back, all is well in Lima for my family.

Edit 2: It seems initial estimates from last night were way off, death toll is currently at 450 per the UN.

1 Comments:

Blogger glittermom said...

I thought of you when I heard that...didn't know you still had relatives there...they said 200 people believed missing...but can't get into the city because of the roads are opened up with cracks.and electrical wires down...hope everyones ok..

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home