Saturday, January 19, 2008

Up way too late...

It's way to late at night, I really should be asleep right now but I really just don't feel like I can at the moment. So I figured what the heck, I'll go ahead and write up a blog entry. So not much has been going on in my life lately. I am pleased to say that I have managed to continue to email back and forth with the girl I mentioned in my blog earlier. Though at present, communication is spuradic at best. I guess she's a busy gal, hopefully not too busy that a we absolutly won't be able to try and get something going. As of right now we've agreed that we are enjoying communicating and we do want to meet up for a causual date. That is something I suppose. To be honest I'm amazed that I can be considering this right now, and in some ways excited about it (ok, would be a bit more excited if communication was more steady, but hey). I've been very down about the idea of love lately, probably from the dissapointement I had a little while ago. I'm not going to talk much about it because really there's no reason to, other than to say it's really made me feel very negative about the idea of ever really starting a good relationship with some one. Really more along the lines that it just isn't possible. I guess I am hoping that this girl I'm talking to could prove me wrong in the end. She's got potential, I'll say that much.

So, I guess I should post something about my mom. Honestly, there isn't a lot to say at this point other than she's recovering from her surgery. As of last I talked to her, we were waiting for some test to be preformed that will tell us how to treat her illness. As far as I know the test hasn't been performed yet, I guess still waiting on billing to be straightend out. Seems odd to me, some one has cancer, we need to know how to treat it, but they're not about to go about figureing that out until they know how they're going to be getting paid. Thank god we have private medicine right?

Other stuff going on... I'm spending way too much money, that's for sure. Just tonight I *FINALLY* got my self a laptop. This is actually somthing that has needed to happen for a while. I've never done it because, frankely it hasn't been practical. But here I am with my brand new HP laptop. Spent a bit of time customising it tonight, got rid of Norton, put on Avast (if it has to do with priates it must be good av right?) and did what windows updates needed to be done. I also ordered up 2GB of memory which is the max this machine can have. Also, beside the laptop I got a very cheap digital tv tuner for my PC. Basically I just wanted something that would let me toy with Windows Media Center. That has been a lot of fun. I've discovered I can record stuff in HD, tell Windows to burn it to DVD, and it'll automatically re-encode it properly for regular DVD. Best part is since the source is HD, it actually up-scales back to HD very nicely in my toshiba HD DVD player (RIP HD DVD format :( ). Now I *VERY SERIOUSLY* am in *MAJOR* debt repayment mode. I should be getting some extra cash from work and the roommate to help out with that.

anyway, I need to be asleep. So I think that's where I'm going now. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home