Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More politics

Post update:
So Palin is now trying to say she was just trying to answer this question in a way a 3rd grader would understand. Nice try, but I don't think anyone will buy it, why? Because explaining things in terms a child will understand doesn't mean you have to explain it incorrectly. Try this Gov. Palin:
Well so and so, the role of the vice president is to help explain to congress why they should support the President's ideas. Also sometimes they can vote in the Senate if there is a tie. See that? Simple and correct.

Hey everyone, seems like everyone is getting swept up in the elections this year my self included. I don't usually post this kind of thing to my blog, but it's just one more nail in the McCain/Palin tickets coffin for me. Yes yes, I already voted but I guess it just makes me even more glad I voted Obama, check the cnn vid below

I'm sorry governor Palin, but the VP is *NOT* "In charge" of the Senate nor do they get to make policy changes for the purposes of manipulating congress to make them more agreeable with the executive branch.

I can only guess that she must have failed her civics class back in her school days, if she hadn't perhaps she would understand the concept of checks and balances. There's a reason why the legislative branch is separate from the executive branch, it's to ensure that the president doesn't become too powerful and start moving this great nation more in the direction of being an autocracy.

I can only hope that the McCain/Palin ticket never makes it to the white house. I really don't think this nation needs continued trickle down economics, nor does it need continued manipulation of the legislative branch by a VP that doesn't understand the constitution and it especially doesn't need an indefinite continuation of the war in Iraq.

Now I know some of you may think "well she's not all that off base, the constitution says she can vote in the case of the tie and that she's the president of the senate". Here's the thing, there's really not a lot of room for interpretation here, the ability to vote in the case of a time means just that, she can vote strictly in the case of a tie. What this doesn't mean is that you can just "go in there and make policy changes" unilaterally. The VP can not just walk in to the senate and change voting procedures, for instance or other general rules, guide lines and procedures for the purposes of making the senate friendly to the executive branch.  Article 1 of the constitution specific here for a reason, it's to ensure that legislative branch can continue to operate freely of improper influence from the executive branch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home