Thursday, February 07, 2008

Home theater upgrades galore

Yeah, I know... it's a mixed bag on my blog. Some times I write about what's really going on in my life, other times just new gadgets. This is one of those new gadget posts. I've decided to go ahead and upgrade my audio receiver in my Home Theater. I managed to find thee receiver I've been wanting for $200 off of what you get it for anywhere (Onkyo TX-605SR, $300 refurb $500 normal).

This bad boy is just the thing I need to complement my set up. It's got 2 HDMI 1.3a inputs (for my HD DVD and Bluray DVD players), plus optical and digital coax inputs for my HD DVR and X-Box 360 (I still have my optical switch, so I'll add on my TV to that for the Wii). The absolut coolest thing about this receiver, it works with all of the new advanced audio codecs found on my HD DVD's and Bluray discs, TrueHD, DTS-HD/MA and 7.1 PCM over HDMI.

Eventually I will need to upgrade my speakers as well since the onces I have are fairly low end small bookshelf speakers (yamkaha). But I've already found some Polk speakers ($700 for 5.1) that I'll eventually be replacing what I have with. Till then, what I've got will work pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home