Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday

Super bowl sunday was a blast here in NC! I had a bit of a get together, with people showing up at 6pm. In all I had 7 house guests then there was the roommate (lori) and my self. Included among my guests here were Joe and Laura and their cute as a button tot Eddy (almost 2yrs old). There was beer, there was pizza, there was making small fry's giggle and of course there was the main attraction featuring the NY Giants beating out the NE Pats on my 50" HD screen.

We did have one snafu during playback. I have my DVR set up to automatically tape star trek, which Sci-Fi channel had a marathon going... Now, in theory this should not be a problem. in a "perfect" world my DVR would quietly tape Star Trek. But oh no, not my Scientific Atlantic DVR. Nope, it decided that the super bowl ended at 10pm (which it didn't) and that I would rather be watching star trek than the big game! Just imagine, the cry of 9 people in unison shouting "NNNNOOOOOOOO" as what was "OMG 10 seconds left in the game can the Pats pull it out!" because Captain Jonathan Archer grabbing a phase pistol so he can save enterprise crewmen! Yeah, it was that bad. Fortunately I was able to change the channel back with 1 second left in the game, and we found that there was no miraculous turn around.

On a personal level, I was glad to see the Giants win. I'm not really a fan of either team, but I do like seeing the underdog come out on top. Well, I hope everyone else had as good a super bowl sunday as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home