Thursday, January 24, 2008

Up late again...

And why do you ask?? Well this time I'm in the process of upgrading my Windows Vista Laptop to well... Windows Vista! What a change right? Well it turns out the sucker came with "Home Premium" on it, I thought this would be fine actually. I knew that this version supported just about everything I needed... But the comes microsoft's artificial road block, virtual PC.... Yep, this doesn't work on any home version of microsoft's latest and greatest, so I needed to up to the highest version you can possibly get.

Fortunately, rather than having to pay for this upgrade I happen to have an MSDN subscription thanks to my company (yay company!). So I just burned the DVD and got started. Sadly, I can't do the "anytime upgrade" option like that (for this you MUST pay the $159, ouch)! So, I had to do an upgrade install.. This after installing lots of updates and development tools... God I hope it works right!

Anyway, not much to report right now. In theory I have a date this weekend, nothing big just coffee. The girl is great, other than she takes a bit of time to respond. Yes, the busy girl, I figured I might as well meet up. We do seem to get along in email, so who knows maybe that will extend to in person as well. Anyway, I say in theory because while we've agreed to meet, I haven't heard back from her yet as to when and where, so with some luck that will be coming.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch a movie with my friend E, that should be great. E (Elizabeth) is awesome and a lot of fun so it should be a good oppertunity for me to get (and hopefully keep) things off my mind that seem to just not go away. Nothing horrid like my mom's cancer, that has actually been going pretty well thus far. As well as one could possibly dream/hope/pray for which I feel very happy and blessed about. Just other stuff.

Anyway, I suppose I should walk over to Lappy (this is my new laptop's name, which Leslie encouraged me to call it) and see how he's doing with the upgrade. Good night everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home