Friday, March 28, 2008

It's computer upgrade season

Well, that time has finally come upon me again... It's been about 2 years since the last time I messed around with upgrading my computer and it's time to get my system updated with newer hardware! So the buying has started (very slowly), so far I got me some memory and a new sound card. I think next month will be the video card. Very exciting stuff, it'll probably get me PC gaming again for a little while lol. Here what I've got:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ (overcloked), nVidia Geforce 7800GT, 2GB of DDR400 memory, about 700GB hard drive, Asus K8N SLI Premium montherboard, sound blaster audigy sound card (doesn't work in vista), and the usual trimmings.

What I'm planning on going to is...

AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-core Black Edition (2.3GHz), ATI Radeon HD 3870, Asus M3A32-MVP, OCZ DDR2 memory (bought PC2-6400, it was cheap - Planned 4GB), SoundBlaster x-fi xtreamgamer fatality pro (on it's way) - other than that I'm keeping everything else the same.

So, I'm going with a slightly higher end midrange system than I went with last time around. As an added bonus I'm not doing this upgrade at a time when I *KNOW* much better stuff is coming around the corner so this system should feel relivent longer lol.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since you've updated your blog too!!!!!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger GLITTERGIRL said...

yes, updates please!!!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home