Monday, November 07, 2005

Tivo

There was one thing I forgot to mention in my last post. My newest toy, a DirectTV Tivo that I got for $20. Got really lucky on that one (obvoiusly), my boss switched from DirectTV to cable recently, and decided to sell his Tivo. When he made the offer I jumped right on that and scored. Another $20 investment in a new Satalitte card, and the thing is up and running. Originally it was a 40 hour (40GB) Tivo, but I've already upgraded the hard drive with an 80GB I just happend to have laying around (aint it grand being a computer nerd with such things laying around?)

It's been great having it so far, got it set up to record Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, BattleStar Galactica (new one), The Simpsons, Trading Spaces and (of course) Mythbusters. It has some trouble doing that because as of right now, I only have one cable run into my room so I can't use both tuners and some of the times do conflict. But over all lots of fun! I can't wait till I get around to building my own PVR, a Myth Box would be great. Oh well, one step at a time. For now, this is great! And loads cheaper than anything else! Even a Series I tivo costs $64 on ebay! Well, that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home