Sunday, June 11, 2006

Vista is broken

Well, turns out Windows Vista is indeed seriously broken. It's commited suicide on me twice so far. I want to get rid of it, but due to the fact that the Windows XP installer is a cheap peice of junk doing that is going to be a pain. How is it a cheap peice of junk? Well, turns out some moron at microsoft decided that everyone owns a floppy drive, so in order for the installer to recognize an IDE controller it doesn't already know about (like my nForce 4 SATA controller) you *must* put in a *floppy disk* with the driver for the controller. I don't own a floppy drive any more, there for I can't put in a floppy disk, there for the Windows installer can't see the disk windows is installed on (to get windows there I tempoarly stole my roommates floppy disk drive so I could make the installer see my SATA controller). ::sigh:: The vista installer is much nicer because they **FINALLY** came to the realization that assming drivers come on floppy disks is **BAD**. In fact assuming every one has a floppy drive is **BAD**. Grrrr.... Oh well, I'll just live with 50GB gone and the Vista bootloader till I decide if I want to get rid of vista or try and save it again. ::sigh::

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please Carlo....no more computer talk....Lets see some new pics..How bout a pic of the new girl friend?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Carlo said...

As soon as I get some... Computer stuff is what I did this weekend though due to the migraine :(

Or as I like to call it...

El migrain del diablo :P

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home