Saturday, September 09, 2006

Weird...

Well, I got pulled over for the first time here in Raleigh, NC... But that's not the weird part, anyone who knows me knows I have a tendancy to speed, so getting pulled over will happen. Fortunetly for all involved I understand and accept this so I tend to make things as easy on the officer as I can (i.e. not be stupid jerk complaining about how they could be catching "real" crooks).

What was weird, is the that officer seemed to recognize my name... I've had lots of people swear that they know me based on how I look, I guess I"m just a familiar looking kind of dude. But almost everyone is always confounded by my name... It's not exactly common (here), so to have him recoginize me by name through me for a loop, particularly since I'm pretty gosh darned sure I have no clue who he was... He did appear to be about my age, perhaps a little older, so maybe it's a friend of a friend type situation and I've just never met the guy before. Kathy and her family used to be quite familiar with the police in this town (in a good way!) so maybe she mentioned me at somepoint to someone there that for some reason remembered? Or perhaps the dude was just all confused (most likely senario). But I thought it was odd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home