Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hello all!

Yeah yeah, it's been a bit. Time just seems to be slipping by so quickly it's amazing! I'm totally digging the NC fall! This is more like late summer way yonder up north! I'm in total Carlo heaven!

Well, as for what's going on recently... Well, lets see here...

Just today I got in a nice shiny new 19" LCD monitor that I picked up at ZipZoomFly.com for a mear $200! I can remember when a monitor like this would be $500 easy! It's a view sonic VA912b, the selling point for me was great reviews and DVI inputs! Hopefully one of these day's I'll get to pair it up with a second, but for now! MAN DO i HAVE MORE SPACE ON MY DESK!!!

I was also recently invited to a Holloween party my friend Melly Chan is having, I haven't gotten back to her yet but I do plan on attending! It should be great stuff! NC is rocking in terms of how often I get to spend time with people I know! I was only just getting to know some people up in OH, and at that there was only half a handful that I really cared to hang out with (Jen/Bear/Elder few others). I came to NC knowing more people off the bat and I'm actually meeting some new ones more quickly. So great there too!

In news that might seem odd to some, I've taken to bringing my computer to work recently. It's kind of a pain in some (obviouse) ways. For instance lugging it around! :P But it's proving to be nice in others. Like when I want to work on something at home I'm not thwarted by having files exclusivly checked out at the office computer! In addition to that nice bonus, I also reformatted the office computer and put Windows Server 2003 R2 on it (company was nice enough to get me an MSDN subscription!) So I've turned that one into a sort of QC server for my EMR/RIS work! It's working out great so far! Even have all sorts of neat flash and bang type javascript projects... yeah yeah, they aren't heavy in back end (actually most of the backend I need for all this was already written awhile ago for my adv. scheduling project!) but is sure is fun! And it sure will help sell more RIS!!! Which will mean my company grows, and happyness for all!

Well, can't think of much else... I've been feeling rather bleh lately, not sleeping quite as much as I should :P Well, I'm off! Talk to you guys later!

3 Comments:

Blogger glittermom said...

What big city are you near? I saw on the news a big evacuation due to explosion at hazzardous waste plant...17,000 people evacuated from surounding area..Near Raleigh

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i got a mention on the blog!

i had so much fun with you, bear & elder. i never would have know home brewing beer could be so much fun! of course DRINKING the home brews might have helped with that...LOL

11:46 AM  
Blogger Carlo said...

I am near Raleigh actually, in morrisville... However no word of an evacuation on my side of town yet... I had heard the same thing. So far so good for me anyway...

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home