Wednesday, May 16, 2007

References....

Job references... If you're going to ask former coworker for one, here's an idea... Don't start lieing on your job application about how long you worked at the company... You know, like tell the people you were at the company for a year when you were only there 2 months... Then when your reference tells the truth (because you failed to inform them about your fudging), it probably won't help to tell them to call the perspective employer back to "correct" this "mistake"... Because you know what, that doesn't work, your reference will know this, and it will just piss them off...

Just like like it did for me, and a certain unnamed individual associated with my current employer. Predictably, I didn't call them back to "correct the mistake".. Because it would just lead to me being discredited, not to mention any help my reference may have been. Good thing I'm smart and I didn't, because the perspective employer called my office, asked for anyone but my self and this persons other reference and got specific start and end dates (like I figured they would, heck I would!). Ug, why are people so stupid!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger glittermom said...

some people just don't have a lick of sense...

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home