Monday, November 03, 2008

Get out the early vote....? Daang!

Nope, I'm actually not calling on anyone to go out and vote early. It's actually too late for that, so there's not campaigning going on in my blog today. Though a little OT, if you haven't already early voted either with an absentee ballot or an official early voting station please do be absolutly sure to go out and support your candidate of choice or at the very least do us all the curtsy of not complaining about the other guy winning.

Anyway, back on message as our Vice Presidential candidates would say! I just can't believe how many people have early voted in here in the USA already!! I pulled this off of CNN.Com today

So far, more than 24.4 million voters have cast ballots in states where early voting is allowed, providing convenience for voters and, in theory, rescuing poll workers from an overwhelming turnout on Tuesday.


Link to CNN Source

I'm not up on what the average voter turnout is, but I know it's usually a small percentage and 24.4 million people sounds like one whole heck of a lot of people going out and voting to me. That's just astounding to me, and I think totally wonderful that many people (some for the first time) have chosen to participate in this years very important election. I think as of late last week CNN was saying that in NC alone 33% of likely voters had already voted in the early elections. If you click the link above you'll see that congress is already considering federally mandating early voting, I think that's a wonderful idea personally. It would solve so many voting headaches and very likely have a dramatic impact on the percentage of the voting population of our country.

Hooray for early voting and democracy this year. If you ask me, regardless of who wins and our personal feelings on that matter. We should all feel a little proud of our selves for stepping up like this. If you as me, all us voters should get cookies, any volunteers to bake? Anyone? Anyone? No? Darnet!!! :(

1 Comments:

Blogger glittermom said...

IT great that you can now vote early...I believe more people will vote now...especially this election...I sure hope the right guy wins...Go Obama!!!!!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home