Thursday, June 29, 2006

I am southern! (sort of)

Welp, went out to the DMV durring lunch today and got my very first ever non-MI drivers license (nope, never got an OH one). Kind of cool and exciting for me. Personally I view and as my deciding to settle here. While there were a few decent reasons not to change when I was living in OH, I mostly never got a license there because I never really intended on staying in that state for long. In fact I played it exactly how I thought I would, worked there a couple years, built up the resume experience and moved on. Now I am much happier, and actually really excited with the prospect of starting a life here.

In related news, the current employer has informed me to except a 10% raise or so in August. I can't beleive it, it's totally amazing too me. The best the previous employer ever did in 2 years was just a tad over 6%. Now lets consider that I was a fairly solid programmer, I constantly liked to make systems better, I had more experience and time there than any other actual programmer at the time I quit (beaten only by the programming dept manager that left the company at the same time) and really liked helping out others as much as I could. So, yay for NC and my new job and the new life I'm starting. :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrads on finally being legal...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Whitey said...

I'm glad you found a place to settle. And you were an excellent programmer!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you start out southern then your a redneck before you know it..

9:26 AM  
Blogger Carlo said...

Thanks for the comment whitey, much appriciated! How are things going at the new job? Well I hope!

Glittermom:
Yeah, I had this strange urge to put a pickup truck up on cinderblocks in front of my appartment and shoot guns off the back pourch... Can't quite explain it....

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll get the hang of it....

7:05 PM  
Blogger Whitey said...

Things are going well. They want to hire me on full time and I'm awaiting budget approval for through 2008. The work can be boring at times, but it's a feast or famon thing so if that's the worst of my issues, than I can't complain.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Carlo said...

That seems to happen a lot... My current company is slowing up a little right now after being crazy when I got hired... So I'm using the oppertunety to go crazy with AJAX on everything...

9:45 PM  
Blogger Whitey said...

Oh hell yea. Atlas rocks! We are workign on a SQL server 2005 migration and after that it's .Net 2.0. We have such a massive amount of servers, it takes time to do any kind of migration. All's well that ends well I guess.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home