Thursday, August 23, 2007

Small improvements to the entertainment center

Well today I made the last small improvement to my entertainment center that I'm going to be making for a while. The one major pain I'm been having is with a cruddy Belkin router I got a walmart for $30 (more or less). It was the cheapest wireless router I could buy, and I guess you get what you pay for. My pocket pc could never connect to it, my wii could, but if my roommate got her laptop on the wireless it would boot everything else off (including wii) until the router was restarted (unplugging it).

Well today I picked up a DLink for about $60. It works great, PPC phone can connect, wii can connect, roommates laptop can connect, and all 3 work together! How great is that, my 360 even work great with everything else on the wired network! yay!!

Only slight issue, Windows Vista (my PC) hates it. God knows why, I'm sure macs and Linux pcs would work great with it. But Microsoft's newest OS is too cool for school. So I had to connect it up to the Vonage router to make that work. Oh well, I can live with that. As long as everything else works I'm happy(ish). I have to admit, my computer got kicked a lot tonight over it's stupidity. I hear by declare every windows vista programmer must walk around the Redmond campus whipping them selves for a day. They deserve it for making an OS that can't work with every broad band router on the market (as every other device we have works, I assume it is vista that bites).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home