Thursday, September 06, 2007

HD Movie Rentals...

So I don't have an HD-DVD player yet (got my eye on that A2 though), but thanks to my ever handy x-box I can rent HD movies via the ever nifty x-box video market place... Unlike the TV shows you purchase, it seems you only get the movies for 14 days or 24hrs after the first play, but the price seems about right, hitting around the $5 mark, and hey, it's HD unlike what you get at b-buster. Currently I'm working on downloading my first rental, the new TMNT which I'm excited about. I also purchased the history channels special on the battle of Thermopli which was also in HD and very much produced to ride on "300"'s coat tails. It was actually very well made, and I enjoyed it very much. Again, god I love video market place.... I just hope one of these days Microsoft clues in, decides to make x-box media extender work both ways and allows for the storage of video content on an Media Center PC... That would rock, and completely pwn Sony's new PS3 video download service. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Whitey said...

Yea, I'm totally just using X-BOX market place until the world realizes BlueRay is da bomb and ditches HD-DVD. Honestly though, I'm sure HD-DVD will win because sony is backing the other and they have screwed up every format since Betamax...

8:30 AM  
Blogger Carlo said...

I'm rooting for HD based on price... Technologically they're basically the same (unlike betamax which actually was better). As far as I can see the only effective difference for consomers is price, and the fact that HD-DVD DRM is much less strict.... To me that spells winner.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home