Thursday, December 04, 2008

Been meaning to write about the auto industry request for help...

But I just haven't had time to, but I guess for starts it really burns me that the auto industry is having to jump through nearly impossible hoops just to get a low interest loan while congress almost literally is sending fleets of airplanes to rain down money and wealth on the US banking system. Particularly distressing to me is the following CNN report:

So let me get this straight, it's ok for the Federal government to nationalize our banking system by giving healthy banks 90 million+ in free money so they can grow their business but it's not ok some how to give Ford, GM and Chrysler a low interest loan so they can continue to operate their businesses while those same banks getting free money hoard their loot and refuse to lend any of that cash to anyone? Why are we doing this? I keep hearing Republicans in particular bang their fists on the table and shout about conservative economic principals, supporting the free market yada yada. So I wonder how those same politicians justify how we can be so willing to let the back bone of America's industrial sector go, compromising national security as well as spiraling us into great depression while we rain down free money with no string attached on healthy banks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home