Monday, May 28, 2007

Wiiiii!!!

Well for those of you who couldn't tell from the blog title... I got mii a wii! Funny thing is I wasn't really considering buying one. I just happened to be at Target looking for bean bag chairs. After being told this isn't bean bag chair season (they have seasons?) I decided what the heck I'll check out game consoles. I was planing on drooling over 360's actually, damn Microsoft and their un-dropped prices! At any rate, I just happened to notice they had like 10/15 Wii's just sitting there on the shelves... No doubt they just recently restocked, and being memorial day weekend no one around to buy them really. Except me! So I did, I mean heck! They're cheap, they have a interesting control system and are loads of fun! So I got me a Wii, an extra wii-mote with nunchuck, and two games (in addition to Wii-Sports). What I love is the fact that I can play any nintendo game ever on it (in theory). In reality their game catalog is still skimpy, but so far I have Super Mario Bro's, Excite Bike and Mario Kart 64. Over all, an awesome purchase!

Only thing I wish I could figure out is how to make better use of the SD card slot. So far all I've been able to do is make a copy of Mario Kart there. What I would love is to be able to store my downloaded games there entirely (at least the bigger ones). Or at least have all my saved games there. Not sure how to set that up by default yet, then again I have yet to RTFM so that could have something to do with it. All in all, Nintendo has a winning design. It offers plain USB support, expandable memory comes if the form of SD Cards (game cube cards also supported for GC games), it's directly GC compatible, and you can down load a selection of games from every other nin console! All at a great price compared to the other two kids on the block! I hope MS gets a clue and drops X-Box prices $100 across the board!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bean bag chair season would be the same as back to school season. All those college freshmen need chairs for their dorms.

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home